The County Board of Supervisors approved funding for the 2019 Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Grant Program at the FY2019-20 Recommended Budget Hearing on June 11, 2019. The Board dedicated $1,000,000 of the County's TOT revenue to be allocated to the TOT Grant Program through a competitive application process.
2019 Application Period Opens Soon!
The County will begin accepting applications for the 2019 Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Grant Program beginning July 26, 2019 to August 26, 2019. The grants support non-profit organizations operating community-based programs and services in Sacramento County. Grants are awarded in increments ranging from $10,000 to $100,000.
Pre-Application Public Workshops:
- July 24, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
- July 26, 2019 at 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- (Located at: 827 7th Street, Community Room, Sacramento, CA)
The County will be hosting two free public workshops to explain the grant process and answer commonly asked questions. It is highly encouraged that any groups considering applying for a grant to attend the workshop to ensure understanding of program eligibility and policies. Please RSVP or email SacCountyTOTAdmin@saccounty.net, attendance is not required.
- Open Application Period: July 26, 2019, 8:00 a.m. to August 26, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
- Subject Expert Panel Review: September/October 2019
- Board Review Panel Meeting: October 2019
- Public Hearing for Grantee Recommendations: November 2019
- (Specific dates will be updated as determined)
For questions regarding the TOT Grant Program, please contact:
Tina Koepke, Administrative Services Officer II